Freddye T. Davy Honors College
A Plus (A+) Summer Residential Program
This year's A+ Program was our best ever!
Building from our theme, Building a Better Me, we led participants through learning activities that included:
- Time talking with the elders (senior citizens) of Carver Memorial Church and Doris Miller Community Center of Newport News, VA;
- Violin lessons from Mrs. Megan Jenifer-Harris;
- Fun fitness activities led by Dr. Kwame Brown of Move Theory;
- Money management lessons via Cashflow for Kids led by Ms. Denise Griffin;
- Self-identity and peer pressure lessons from Mrs. Jelisa Sinn-Braswell;
- Visits to the Hampton University Museum, The Newsome House of Newport News, and the Casemate Museum at Fort Monroe;
- Academic Quiz Bowl;
- And much more!
To capture some of the highlights of the week, please review our online magazine created by Freddye T. Davy Honors College student & A+ counselor, Myiah Davis, and the FUNction Method video produced by Move Theory.
Hopefully, next year, your 13 -17 year old can join us for our A+ Summer Program!