Freddye T. Davy Honors College
The Honors College is a primary component of Hampton University's Honors Program.
The Honors College is uniquely designed for:
- Students who received Academic Scholarships (Trustee, Presidential, Hampton, or Merit) as entering freshmen or transfer students.
- Any student who is interested in pursuing the Honors Challenge:
- Who possess a seriousness of academic purpose.
- Who desires to be an active rather than passive learner.
- Who possess an intellectual curiosity that supersedes an obsession with grades.
- Who seeks success rather than avoid failure.
- Who has the courage to demonstrate superior, ethical leadership in their chosen field.
The Honors College offers a curricula option that enhances the regular university experience through:
- Developing of intellectual and ethical leadership skills.
- Fostering an appetite for educational excellence.
- Commitment to the learning process.
- Cultivating a learning community spirit.